The Lightroom Team has been hard at work and now you can benefit! Go and download the Lightroom 4.2 update today.
The update adds support for new cameras and lens profiles. Additional camera models are now tetherable. You can get the full list over at the Lightroom Journal. To get the update you can use the “get update” function in Lightroom or download it from Adobe. Click here for the Windows version. Click here for the Mac version.
This update also addresses quite a few bugs that crept into Lightroom 4:
- Stacked photos were hidden in both the Grid view and Filmstrip. This occurred when photos get unstacked as a result of enabling auto-stacking.
- Folder stacks with virtual copies were unstacked when moving to another folder.
- When scrolling through the filmstrip (at somewhat fast rate), occasionally a “gray” image was displayed for an instant and then replaced by the correct image preview.
- The Navigator Panel in Map did not pan correctly.
- Parents and synonyms of “do not export” keywords also did not export.
- Occasionally were unable to publish videos to Facebook
- Audio did not play in video files after creating a slideshow that contains music (Win 7 only)
- Image select arrow on keyword list didn’t display when keyword list contained a large number of keywords
- Unable to edit Lightroom photos as jpegs in Photoshop Elements
- Carriage Return in either the Title or Caption field invalidated a Flickr upload.
- Tether capture bar disappeared after deleting photo (Win only).
- Back Cover of Book layout had Horizontal text on spine rather than Vertical
- Sharpening was not applied to books that were exported as JPEG files
- Double-byte characters were not exported to Books saved as PDF files
- Unable to type accented character in book module in LR4
- Luminance Noise slider was unresponsive when Clarity is greater than 0.
- Develop keyboard shortcuts (+ and – keys) no longer worked in older process versions such as PV2010
This is a free update for all Lightroom 4 owners so don’t delay!
Gene is an Adobe Community Professional, an Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop Lightroom, Photoshop, and InDesign, and an avid Lightroom fan. He has written several feature articles for Photoshop User Magazine and is the author of Explore Lightroom 4: A Roadmap for Photographers.
He belongs to the Professional Photographers of America (PPA) and the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP). Gene is the Co-Founder, Manager and a frequent blogger for the Dallas Fort Worth Adobe User Group (DFWAUG).
In addition to running Lightroom Secrets, Gene also contributes to O'Reilly's media blog, moderates on the Adobe forums, and helps out on lightroomforums.net.